Thread takes waste from the poorest places in the world and transforms it into jobs and useful stuff people love. We believe that poverty is an epidemic that can be cured in our lifetime through responsible, solvent business. Since 2012, Thread has moved more than 1.8 Million pounds of waste from Haiti and Honduras, supporting more than 3,800 income opportunities. We are proud to manage the most responsible and transparent fabric supply chains on the planet from Ground to Good™.
Who We Are Looking For
People who are smart, determined, and unafraid to tackle some of the biggest problems in some of the dirtiest industries on the planet. All candidates must possess the grit, positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to work in a changing work environment (re: start-up).
Our team takes hiring seriously. The hiring process can vary in length because we want to make sure we are finding the very best people to join our team. Interviewing with Thread may include: phone/video interviews, projects, presentations, and on-site interviews. We expect you will be interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We’re always on the lookout for top-notch talent. Don’t see the perfect fit? Send along your CV and a short note – we may have a future need in your area of expertise.
Marketing Coordinator Intern
Location: Pittsburgh, PA Type: Internship Min. Experience:
We’re looking for someone that loves to live online, comfortable sharing, commenting and commenting again. Identify and activate influencers, media targets, know how to be a ‘like’ and ‘share’ magnet.
The ideal candidate would be a passionate, highly organized, communicative lover of content and design. The newly appointed Social Media Intern will work closely with Thread’s Community Manager to share the Thread story on the ground and across the digital universe.
- Work with Thread’s Community Manager to grow our digital and social media presence including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest.
- Explore new platforms and develop creative places to share the Thread story.
- Research new initiatives and best practices across all social media platforms.
- Identify patterns in engagement in social media posts.
- Help brainstorm campaigns to drive more traffic to our site and engagement across our social media channels.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Understanding of marketing and communication strategy
- Excellent writing skills
- Design-oriented and demonstrate strong design-thinking skills
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Excellent writing skills (Yes, we know we listed this twice. It’s that important.)
- Experience with digital/social ad platforms
- Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Google (Gmail, Gsheets, Gdrive)
- Blogging/writing experience related to Thread’s mission
- Send a résumé and cover letter explaining how you would rock the job at Thread.
- Links to existing social accounts and/or blogs.
Start Date: September 15, 2017 or as soon as available
Reports to: Community Manager