Thread takes waste from the poorest places in the world and transforms it into jobs and useful stuff people love. We believe that poverty is an epidemic that can be cured in our lifetime through responsible, solvent business. Since 2012, Thread has moved more than 1.8 Million pounds of waste from Haiti and Honduras, supporting more than 3,800 income opportunities. We are proud to manage the most responsible and transparent fabric supply chains on the planet from Ground to Good™.
Who We Are Looking For
People who are smart, determined, and unafraid to tackle some of the biggest problems in some of the dirtiest industries on the planet. All candidates must possess the grit, positive attitude, sense of humor, and willingness to work in a changing work environment (re: start-up).
Our team takes hiring seriously. The hiring process can vary in length because we want to make sure we are finding the very best people to join our team. Interviewing with Thread may include: phone/video interviews, projects, presentations, and on-site interviews. We expect you will be interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We’re always on the lookout for top-notch talent. Don’t see the perfect fit? Send along your CV and a short note – we may have a future need in your area of expertise.
Location: Pittsburgh, PA Type: Full Time Min. Experience: 4-6 years of successful experience within a “Consultative Sales” role
We are creating a sales manager role to ensure we actively pursue and maximize the opportunity with our targeted “North Star” brand customers. The focus of the role is to identify/build relationships and drive revenue with our top tier customers while ensuring our short and long-term success with each partner. Specifically, the person in this role will be working closely with these customers as they develop new and future products to identify their fabric needs and to sell our Thread products into those needs. Additionally, this person will work with the customer’s marketing team to ensure the Thread story and brand is fully understood and valued by their consumers. Finally, this role is intended to be the linkage between the customer and our production teams – building relationships, teeing up needs, and resolving challenges that get in the way of growing our business with the customer.
- Drive revenue within assigned “North Star” brand accounts
- Ensure the Thread story is clearly articulated and valued by the marketing and product team within each brand account
- Build relationships and grow the desire for Thread product purchases within each brand account – across merchandising, product development, design, materials development, and marketing
- Develop detailed sales and engagement plans for existing and new brand accounts, including a product driven revenue forecast
- Work with the leader of sales to ensure appropriate resource allocation to each brand account
- Interface with Thread Production team to ensure 100% execution of product development and delivery to each brand account
- Engage the Thread Marketing team to ensure the value of the Thread brand is appropriately valued and communicated to each brand account
- Represent the Thread brand and strategic interests within each key, assigned accounts
Experience and Characteristics
- 4-6 years of successful experience within a “Consultative Sales” role
- Experience and interest within the Apparel and Footwear market
- Insight and knowledge about the product development and launch process
- An understanding of and ability to articulate the value and power of brands and authentic, product-driven story-telling
- Self-starter who has a bias for action and is driven to succeed
- Organized and efficient communicator
- Moves easily between leader and team member depending on situational needs
- Drives decision making thru influence and action
- Understands and lives by the concept of Done. Done. Done.
- Passion for travel in both higher income Western countries (e.g., U.S., Europe) and across the low income world (Haiti, Honduras, Asia, etc.).
- Must be comfortable in a fast-moving, flexible, “startup” environment.
- Motivated to change the way things are done and have an impact
Reports to: Director, Sales and Impact
Materials Fulfillment Specialist
Location: Pittsburgh, PA Type: 15 hr/week part-time with the potential to grow Min. Experience: 2 years handling fabric, cutting and sewing experience
Thread is looking for a Fulfillment Specialist with a love for textiles, attention to detail, and a steady hand. The ideal candidate will have previous cut and sewing experience with general knowledge of fabric and textiles.
- Cut, assemble, package, and mail Thread Shop online fabric orders
- Support the sales team by fulfilling on-demand customer requests for fabric samples and sales packages
- Produce, assemble, and stock sales samples inventory
- Maintain organization of Thread’s in-house production area
- Physically lift, move, and organize bolts of fabric
- Assist Material Manager in daily duties as needed
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
- Sewing and cutting, experience with textiles and materials required
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to perform basic math calculations
- Team player who can work independently and take initiative
- Flexible and able to switch tasks quickly as needed
- Strong time management and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to work in a fast-pace start-up environment
- Ability to occasionally lift to 35-50 lbs. and perform repetitive movements that require light force.
- Desire to grow within the position
Reports to: Materials Manager